I’m not entirely sure where this recipe comes from but my Mom has made it for years. Now it’s a must have for Holiday meals around here.
- 2lb Bag of Hash Browns
- 16 ounces of Sour Cream
- 1 Stick (2 cups) of Melted Butter
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 Cups of Crushed Corn Flakes
- 1 Stick (2 Cups) of Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Take hash browns out of freezer, keep in bag, set aside.
- In microwave, melt 1 stick of butter in large bowl; mix in sour cream, cheese, onion and cream of chicken soup.
- In large bowl combine hash browns, sour cream, cheese, and soup/cheese mixture.
- Spread into 9×13 pan (sprayed with cooking spray).
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter and then combine with crushed cornflakes until well coated.
- Spread corn flake mixture on top of the other ingredients.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown on top and cheese is bubbling.