I grew up eating Cranberry sauce from a can, but then I made this, and I never went back!
- One 12 ounce bag of fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1 Cup of Sugar are Sweetener Equal to 1 Cup
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 strip orange or lemon zest
- Put cranberries in a pot on the stove, and pick through to remove soft and/or brown ones.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Stir frequently. The cranberries will pop, and then release their “gel” — and the sauce will come together like magic.
- Cook until the sauce is the consistency you want, about 5 to 10 minutes.