- 2 (15 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained well
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 2 stalks celery, sliced small
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced cheese (optional & your choice of cheddar, jack, pepper jack, cream)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Frenches Fried Onions (This is optional and the amount is your call).
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the onions, celery and mushrooms until soft (about 7 to 8 minutes).
- Mix the mayonnaise and cream.
- Mix everything together in a casserole (I also add some of the fried onions in the mix and reserve some for topping).
- Bake covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, top with Frenches Fried Onions if desired & brown.