Here’s a recipe for a Low Carb Pecan crusted Strawberry Cheesecake
Low Carb Pecan Crusted Strawberry Cheesecake
Almond Flour Crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp So Nourished Erythritol it's up to your liking
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pound of fresh raw pecans
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of Ez-sweets whatever is equal to 1-2 cups of sugar with your choice of sweetener, basically sweeten to taste
- splash of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Ez-sweets whatever is equal to 1-2 cups of sugar with your choice of sweetener, sweeten to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Rinse the strawberries making sure to drain the water well.
Dice them and put them in a pan, along with water and splash of lemon juice.
Cook on medium heat stirring occasionally after about 5 minutes the strawberries will begin to release their own juices.
Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add sweetener and a splash of lemon juice.
Refrigerate until later.
Almond Flour Crust:
In a large bowl combine almond flour, melted butter, sweetener, and cinnamon. Mix together using a spoon until the ingredients are homogeneous. Add the mixture into a spring form pan and press this mixture evenly to make the crust firm and tight.
Bake the crust for 10 minutes until it becomes lightly golden browned and remove the crust from the oven. Let it cool while you make the filling.
Grind pecans in a coffee bean grinder or food processor until it's a fine powder it will be wet because of the natural oils in the pecans.
Press the pecans into a 9 inch round cake pan making sure to press it to the sides as well. Then set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, eggs, sweetener, vanilla & almond extracts.
Blend well with a hand mixer.
Once completely combined and smooth transfer to pecan crusted pan.
Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and cracking on top.
Allow to cool completely and then spread on strawberry topping.