Here’s a good Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- 1 lb. mild ground pork sausage
- 1 cup Heinz reduced sugar ketchup or tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced yellow sweet onion
- 1 cup of ground pork rinds about 1.9 ounces by my scale
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves of garlic or 2 tsp minced garliced
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
dice peppers and onion.
In large skillet on stove melt 2 tbsp. of butter, then sauté bell peppers, onions, and garlic until onions are translucent. then remove from heat.
In large bowl combine all ingredients reserving half of the tomato sauce/Ketchup for topping.
Once well combined place in a loaf pan or you can use a 9x13 cake pan and shape it into a loaf.
Once shaped use 2 fingers and poke rows of holes on top (honestly I'm not sure what the purpose of this is but it's the way I was taught to make meatloaf and it always works well). I normally do two rows of two holes.
Once you have the holes poked cover your meatloaf with remaining tomato sauce/ketchup.
Bake for one hour and twenty minutes or until your thermometer reads 160°