I like to by a whole chicken and toss it in my slow cooker. Normally I just put in there by itself with some Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Onion Powder, Thyme, Salt and pepper. From that chicken We’ll have legs & thighs for dinner. Then I remove the skin and cut up the rest of the chicken a make a couple of dishes with that over the next few days. One of our houses favorites is chicken noodle soup.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium chopped sweet onion
- 2 large stalks of chopped celery
- 64 ounces of chicken broth (Normally two of the box’s of broth)
- 16 ounces of vegetable broth
- 1/2 to 1 pound chopped cooked chicken breast (Use your own judgement based on how chunky you like your soup)
- 12 ounce bag of egg noodles
- 2 large sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken and vegetable broths
- Stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.