Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
I like to by a whole chicken and toss it in my slow cooker. Normally I just put in there by itself with some Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Onion Powder, Thyme, Salt and pepper. From that chicken We’ll have legs & thighs for dinner. Then I remove the skin and cut up the rest of the chicken a make a couple of dishes with that over the next few days. One of our houses favorites is chicken noodle soup.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium chopped sweet onion
- 2 large stalks of chopped celery
- 64 ounces of chicken broth (Normally two of the box’s of broth)
- 16 ounces of vegetable broth
- 1/2 to 1 pound chopped cooked chicken breast (Use your own judgement based on how chunky you like your soup)
- 12 ounce bag of egg noodles
- 2 large sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken and vegetable broths
- Stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.
My friend and I made a chick fil a copy cat version of their chicken noodle soup. It was very similar to yours. It was yummy, but found some comments on the recipe website that recommended using “chicken base” which is a stronger version of chicken bouillon cubes, in a roux. We used a little flour and butter to make a roux, then added the chicken base and cooked it on low heat til combined. We added that to the crock pot and OMG – the flavor just burst – and t didn’t make it taste salty either (which I… Read more »
Sounds interesting, I may have to try it. 🙂